Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dishwasher Magic

Wow, I say!!!! Wow!  We moved into a new apartment and our dishes have had a gloom about them ever since.  At our last apartment we had the same problem so I took apart the dishwasher, submerged my had in the the most disgusting cold slimy liquid, pulled out gobs of gunk, only to find my heroic attempt at fixing the dishwasher was in vain.  So this time around I decided to take a different approach.  I went to Walmart, our handy go-to store, and purchased two products from Jet Dry®.  The first miracle I grabbed was Finish® Jet-Dry® Dishwasher Cleaner, a cleaner that you run alone in your dishwasher to unclog those hard to reach, and those "I don't want to reach" places.

This alone was wonderful.  When the cycle, which was set to the hottest and longest possible, ended I opened the dishwasher and fought back tears as I finally smelled the savory aroma of cleanliness.  I then was so excited about this new phenomenon that I was eager to start my first load in this newly reborn dish-vessel.  So I loaded up the dishes, and attached the second product Jet-Dry® Rinse Agent Baskets to the right corner of the upper tray and waited a second time, impatient for the result.
Elated a second time, I unloaded the dishwasher, savoring the warmth and grip that each fresh dish emitted.   To my marvel, the dishes were wonderfully clean.  They sparkled like new and I again took pride in my dish ware.  We use Cascade Complete® Gel Packets for detergent, but next time I head to the store I'm going to try a Jet-Dry® brand detergent to see if it's a triple threat.  Until then, farewell to you all and good luck with your dishwasher endeavors.  Joe

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post. It might be what April is looking for to help out her dishwasher blues.

    ReplyDelete