Monday, November 15, 2010

All is well!

     Today at my doctor's appointment we had a follow up ultrasound for Liam's brain. When we went in at 20 weeks they found cysts on each side of his brain. They couldn't find anything else wrong to pair it with, so they said we'd just do a follow up one at 28 weeks. We did today and they weren't there anymore! Yay! We are pretty relieved. They said don't worry about it, but of course, we did. He's still healthy and strong. He's measuring at almost 30 weeks instead of 28! wow! Big boy! Hopefully his growing will stay in the normal range from now on :) He had the hiccups for a few minutes while we were having the ultrasound done, and that was the first time I had ever experienced them, plus we were able to see him while they were happening. The past few ultrasounds he's been making a kissy face with his lips and swallowing. He's getting some good practicing in for eating and breathing, and it's so cool to watch!  
    He was in an odd position today so we didn't get the greatest pictures of him. Here's a profile.

       He's all bunched up in a breech position on my left side and has been there for a while, that's where all the movement is I've been feeling.. In the middle of it, he changed his head position and it was cranked to his side, which didn't look very comfortable. Joe said he's already getting the Gutke nose. :) I said we made a bad combination with both of our big lips and noses, ha! He'll be cute anyway :) 

         Last week I had soooo much laundry to do! As usual, Max picked a pile of dirty towels and plopped himself on down. :) He'll find anything with our scent on it and cuddle on it for hours. He's been particularly cuddly yesterday and today because we had him kenneled over the weekend while we were in Pocatello for Joe's army drill. When they brought him out he was whining because he couldn't get enough loving fast enough. :) (I think I had more separation anxiety than he did, I had a really hard time away from him for almost 3 days) :) we gave him some good ear rubs and he just sat there grunting and  moaning and loving all the attention. We sure love our firstborn furry son :)
         I also had my first wart experience. We got wart remover liquid and bandaid and kept that going nonstop for a week. After my shower one night, I took off my bandaid and it ripped off the majority of the skin that had been killed. I found Joe hadn't been too meticulous to where he was putting the liquid, but oh well, it provided some fun  for me :)
                                            It was some THICK skin that it had taken off.

                              After I finished taking off the rest of the skin and a bit recovered.
 Max being cute and cuddly with his new friend, Doggy. We took him to the pet store, and one of the clerks squeezed the squeaker on it (which Max with go NUTS over) and after that, he wouldn't let the dog go, so we got it for him-he's so spoiled.  :) He's forgotten about all his other toys and will take this friend, who is almost as big as him, everywhere he goes. The squeaking gets annoying at times, but he loves it and it keeps him out of trouble :)
                      My sister in law, Jonette, sent us this canvas today. She painted it herself and it looks great! and I'm sure it's going to apply to William :) It's a line from Harry Potter, which Joe is only SLIGHTLY obsessed with :) We're going to the midnight premiere this week.... :)
               She also made these onesies. All the Gutkes  love The Office, so anyone that knows of The Office will appreciate these. They made some for her kids as well- too cute! :)
                                       "Bears eat beets. Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica"
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the onsies. And I am glad that William checked out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious! I am so excited for you to be a mommy! :) The onesies are fantastic, and I have to admit I'm a little (lot) envious of the Harry Potter painting, its fantastic. Keep on keeping on girl, you're almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute painting! I'm glad your little guy is looking good now. Take care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete