Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we had a quiet little Thanksgiving at my parents house. The highlight for all of us was probably my SUPER cute nephew, Dallin. Someone always wanted to be playing with him and he was smiles the whole time he was here. I sure love that kid.

With Grandpa

                                                  Getting a "car ride" in a plastic bucket from
                                                                            Uncle Joe
Getting fed olives from Grandpa
                                                      




                                                                     Happy boy
                                               Max bored while doing homework with Dad

                                              Our baby... He's such a good boy and wants to
                                                                 be human so badly :)
             I've already felt the winter blues setting in. When Joe's gone at work all day I just feel like I'm in a rut. I'll take Max outside to play, but the extent of my playing with him is throwing his ball in the snow and waiting for him to find it. Luckily he finds the snow itself pretty entertaining and can spend forever out there romping around and playing in it. Hiking through the snow isn't the easiest task these days. It's getting really difficult for me to lift my legs. I have a huge fear of falling on ice because it's hard enough for me to get up inside, let alone on a slippery ground.
             Liam's due date is quickly approaching and I'm already feeling like I have to ''nest''....which is tough considering since our move over a MONTH ago, we still only have the kitchen and our clothes unpacked. When we moved in, our master bedroom smelled like dog urine, and we told our Landlord about it, and he insisted it only smelled musty, even though we have had 6 other people attest to the awful smell. We requested that he have a carpet cleaner come back in to shampoo that room, and he ''conveniently'' had the carpet cleaner called, come in, inspect the carpet with a black light, and leave--all in the hour that we had stepped out of the house. He told us the carpet cleaner didn't smell anything but they decided to spray a ''neutralizer'' on all of our carpets in the whole house, and then douse that room heavily! To this day, we cannot open that door because the stench is so stinging to the nostrils. Luckily, the rest of the house just had one layer of this nasty smelling perfumy Febreeze smell and faded within the day. After telling him the smells are unbearable and the room is unlivable, and that we still have a garage full of our belongings waiting to be unpacked, he pulled his usual unprofessional, immature act: He ignored our calls and messages for 2 weeks. After many many calls and messages later, I left one letting him know how unhappy I was with him. When he called me back 2 days later, he gave me an ultimatum: either A: deal with it; B: pay someone yourselves to clean it; or C: Move out... Wow. So I called the owner to actually get something done. He must have said something to clean up this guy's act, because this week we're having the carpet cleaners coming to pull the carpets up :) This guy is such liar and a cheat, we have not gotten ONE thing out of him that we have been asking from day one. From the first day we moved in we told him atleast 6 problems, and he has yet to fix ANY of them. Joe has even offered to fix them himself if he would just provide the supplies! (He would even make excuses about the missing lightbulbs: "Well, most tenants like it darker. Most tenant just wait for them both to burn out."...well I don't. I was tempted to move out and get a full refund, but where would we go? How would we move again? Moving in the snow would be HORRIBLE... SO! That is my treacherous story. Anyone wanting to help us TP this guy's house? jk
         I guess I'm just trying to get the point across that...I'm panicking! We still have so much to do and so much to get ready..but we're completely STUCK. I can't find anything, unpack anything, or prepare for Liam to come...argh!!! There has been lots of tears this last month and 8 days since we've "moved" in, and I'm just hoping my perseverance in these matters pays off.

3 comments:

  1. :( well I'm glad you called the owner! Hopefully things will actually happen now!! Sounds like they need to find someone else to take care of their rentals. Ahhh I'm so jealous you've hitten the nesting stage.. I still haven't probably a good thing since I still have school for 2.5 more weeks :). I was SO happy to see at my shower!! Thanks again for coming you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I have loved catching up with this. It sounds like you have had some crazy adventures with your place. Doesn't that just bite? It sure doesn't help when you are prego and would just like things to work out because you just feel like nothing is working out right because you are prego. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awful experience! I hope your new carpet is nice.
    So sad that we couldn't join everyone for Thanksgiving, but it looks like everyone had fun. Call me, I have a question for you.

    ReplyDelete